Friday, July 4, 2014

Copycat Recipes: The Cheesecake Factory's Fried Zucchini Appetizer

 
One of my favorite restaurants is The Cheesecake Factory, but the only bad thing is that the closest restaurant is miles and miles away. I decided to figure out how to recreate my favorite Cheesecake Factory appetizer, so I can get my fix anytime I wanted it. I absolutely love their fried zucchini appetizer, and I think I have come pretty darn close on the recipe. Try this out and see if you agree. I would really love to hear back from you so leave me a comment.
 
INGREDIENTS:
Small Zucchini
All-purpose flour
Salt and pepper
Egg
Panko bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese, grated and shredded
Hidden Valley Peppered Ranch
Oil for frying
 
Cut ends off of the zucchini and then cut in half. Then cut each half into halves and then those halves into halves again. Cut each strip down to about 3 to 4 inch strips. Put one cup of all-purpose flour in a bowl and add salt and pepper. Coat each zucchini strip into the flour mixture and place on a plate.
 
Scramble an egg in a bowl. Place a cup of panko bread crumbs in a bowl, a tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese and add salt and pepper. Dip each zucchini strip in the egg and then into the panko mixture and place on a plate. In a frying pan, heat enough oil that will coat your zucchini strips. Once oil is heated to temperature, fry zucchini until coating is brown and crisp.

Allow fried zucchini to drain on a cooling rack or on paper towels. Plate zucchini strips on a serving plate and top with some shredded parmesan cheese. Serve with The Original Hidden Valley Ranch Peppercorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment